This weekend brought on the return of menu planning and food prepping. Prepping and planning always opens my eyes to what is going on in my world!
- roasted brussels, carrots, sweet potatoes and cauliflower
- grilled chicken breast and irish sausages
- hardboiled eggs
- sage sausage patties
- green bean salad
- Sunday ~ cross cut beef ribs (so freaking delicious, I am so glad the butcher talked me into these), baked potatoes, green beans
- Monday ~ Beef & Chorizo Tacos, rice & beans
- Tuesday ~ Pork Chops, fried cabbage & potatoes, applesauce
- Wednesday ~ leftovers or breakfast (mom works)
- Thursday ~ Chicken Thighs (I am not 100% sure what recipe to make just yet)
- Friday ~ leftovers or breakfast (mom works)
It has been a while since I spent time planning and prepping and I have been feeling the effects. I have been forgetting to eat breakfast and then cramming all my nutrition in at lunch. Which of course, leads me to get full quickly and before I eat much. It is absolutely crazy but I have not been eating enough. I am sure my calorie deficiencies have been the biggest cause for my moodiness, headaches and general lack of energy. I let my busy schedule get in the way of taking care of myself properly.
As I was writing this post, I hopped over to facebook (because I cannot do only one thing at time) and came across this picture posted by the lovely, Pat Barone,
I keep seeing signs that tell me I need to slow down and take care of myself.
- food – I need to eat enough and I need to eat on a regular schedule – waiting until 1:30 for my first meal is ridiculous and not good for my mental or physical well-being!
- sleep – at least 7-8 hours makes me happy, 9 hours makes me happiest but it isn’t always possible!
- meditation/yoga daily – if I don’t take 5-10 minutes for myself in this way, I am noticing I feel off my game.
- walking – this past summer I was on a great walking streak and I felt great! I may not need to streak but I need to move more and walking makes me happy!
- FUN – I have recently fell in with a great group of local women – we celebrated all of our Pisces birthdays. I am definitely going out with these women again. We had fun! Big Man and I need to get out of the house and have more fun! I have to balance all my work with some fun…it is super important and as I get older, I realize it more and more.
- journal! I recently started a bullet journal and I am learning my way through it. I need to journal and/or blog to get out the gunk.
See – I told you, that picture/quote from Pat hit just the right nerve today!!